How to clean your cup
The cup should be boiled before the first usage and once a month:
» Place the cup in a pot; cover completely with water and boil for 3 minutes. Do not leave the pot unattended. If the cup gets burned in a pot that has boiled dry, it must be discarded.
During the menstrual cycle:
» After you have removed and emptied the cup, wash it with unscented and oil-free soap. Rinse thoroughly with water.
» Check that the holes along the rim are clean and clear. The cup can be used for up to five years. Check your cup regularly to see that it is not damaged. If damaged, replace it. MonthlyCup may get discoloured from the haemoglobin in the blood. This does not affect the functionality of the cup.
How to insert your cup
1. Wash your hands thoroughly before inserting the MonthlyCup.
2. Find the insertion position that suits you best; sitting on the toilet, standing with one foot on the toilet or squatting. Relax your pelvic muscles.
3. Hold the cup with the ball-shaped tab pointing downwards. Fold the rim into a U-shape. See figure 1.
4. Open your labia. Insert the cup, aiming it towards the bottom of your spine, with the ball-shaped tab inside the vaginal opening. See figure 2 and 3. Do not insert the cup as far in as a tampon. To ensure that it fully opens move your finger around the cup, push and pull a little or twist the cup. A water-based lubricant may ease insertion. Do not use oil-based products. When MonthlyCup is inserted correctly, you should not feel it. If you feel discomfort or if the cup leaks, it might be misplaced. Practice until you find the correct placement in your body. If the tab irritates you, it can be cut off. This does not affect the performance of the cup. If you still have problems, you may have the incorrect size. Contact us for a recommendation on the correct size.
How to remove your cup
Empty your cup at least every 12 hours, even if it is not full. Sit on the toilet or stand in the shower when removing it. For most users, the MonthlyCup does not need to be removed before urinating or a bowel movement.
1. Wash your hands thoroughly before removing the MonthlyCup.
2. Insert your index finger and your thumb into the vagina. Push the wall or pinch the base of the cup, to release the pressure. Keeping this grip, gently pull the cup downwards to remove it.
3. Empty the cup into the toilet or the shower.
4. Wash your MonthlyCup as described above. Reuse your MonthlyCup or store it. If you cannot reach your cup, remain calm and gently push down with your vaginal muscles several times in a squatting position to lower it. If you are unable to remove the cup even after 12 hours, contact a medical professional. How to store your cup Between your menstrual cycles, store your MonthlyCup in the provided textile bag. Do not place it in an airtight container, such as a plastic bag.
How to dispose of your cup
Dispose of your cup as normal waste. Do not flush MonthlyCup down the toilet.
Mini: For the first years of menstruation.
Normal: For light to normal flow (suitable for most).
Plus: For heavy to very heavy flow.